Do you know that you can get a long beautiful nails in 5 minutes, 1 hour, or even in seconds? Well, that can only be possible if you follow the steps outlined in this article on how to grow your nails faster.
Would you believe me if I l told you that it’s possible to grow nails faster in 5 minutes and even in 1 hour? Well, whether you believe this or not, it will interest you to know that getting long beautiful nails that your friends will envy in minutes is as simple as reciting ABC.
Believe they say, it is the first step of action toward achieving anything in life. If you do not believe you can grow nails in one hour, then I’m afraid to tell you that this article is certainly not for you. Here’s a little something to get you on the journey to growing healthy, beautiful nails.
Growth Rate Of Nails
Having said this, it would also interest you to know that the growth rate in fingernails varies from individual to individual, and this growth rate can be affected adequately by age, malnutrition, etc.
For some, particularly between the age of 1-30 years, there’s a slight increase in the growth rate of nails, which is usually about 3-5 mm or thereabout in a month. While those between the age group of 35-65, there’s a considerable decrease in their nail growth. The growth rate is usually between 1.5 – 2 mm a month.
Apart from this, the nails of the finger have been shown to grow more than that of the toe. The reason for this is that fingernails get stimulated more often than that the toe. In the account that you mistakenly lost a nail in the finger, it would take approximately 3 – 6 months to grow while that might take one year and a half.
Furthermore, the nails of the middle finger have been proven over the years to grow more in length compared to the nails of other fingers. Now that we’ve touched a little on nails to keep your mind afresh and to set the ball rolling, we can now address the reason why you are here…
As it is with other parts of our body, nails do grow at an unimaginable rate, as you least expected. Even in seconds. Yes, you heard me right. In fact, research has proven that fingernails do grow at about 0.92 – 1 nano-meter every second.
The Science Behind Growing Nails Faster And Stronger In 1 Hour
Whether you believe it or not, nails can grow up to a reasonable length in seconds, minutes, or even 1 hour if all necessary things are put in place. Although this length we are talking about might not be noticeable with our naked eyes, the truth is, you can’t deny the fact that growth never occurs.
Since fingernails grow at the rate of 1 nanometer per second, in 60 seconds (which is about a minute), it will be 60 nano-meter.
Now multiply the 60 nano-meter, which is the growth of nails in a minute by 60, it will amount to 3,600 nm. Simply put, in 1 hour, the rate at which your fingernail will grow will be 60 X 60 = 3600 nano-meter. If we try to convert from nanometers to millimetres, we are going to have 3600 nm = 0.0036 mm
What this implies is that your nails do grow at the rate of 0.0036 mm in an hour. Although the growth rate at this point might seem noticeable, that does not mean that growth didn’t take place. It did occur just that it’s way too small for you to spot it.
Ways On How To Make Your Nails Grow Faster In 1 Hour
1. Eat healthy and balanced food
Honestly, if you ask me, I don’t know what kind of result you want to see when you’re not feeding well. Eating healthy does not only improve your overall well-being, but it also helps to keep your nails in good health. Nails that are basically made up of keratin, the same protein that makes up our hair need to be treated right for them to grow well.
This can be achieved by taking keratin-rich food such as protein, vitamins, minerals, etc. This food not only helps boost our body’s immune system but also facilitates the production of keratin in our body, which supports hair or nail growth.
A diet rich in protein includes eggs, chicken, grains, beans, etc. Incorporating protein intake such as eggs, for example, into your diet, is a perfect way to boost the biotin level, which is responsible for longer stronger nails. Vegetables like spinach are an excellent source of vitamin E, which also aids in nail growth. Fruits such as oranges also contain vitamins, which is an excellent nail growth boosters.
2. Use Essential Oils
Coconut oil is one of the numerous oil that has worked wonders over the years when it comes to nail growth. This oil doesn’t only contain essential nutrients; it’s also rich in fats, which in turn help to keep the skin around the cuticle moisturized.
Apart from its moisturizing effects, coconut oil is an excellent treatment for dry cuticles, and brittle, or cracked nails.
- Empty a reasonable amount of virgin oil in a medium-sized bowl such that it would be enough to cover your fingers.
- Then add 1 spoonful of refined salt to the bowl.
- Mix carefully until the salt has been fully dissolved.
- After which, you insert your fingers in the bowl covered with coconut oil, allow the mixtures to get into your fingers, and don’t be in a hurry to take off your fingers, allow them to get soaked for at least 30 minutes.
- After about one hour, you’ll notice that your nails have grown to a rate of 0.0036mm
For the coconut oil method, you can also;
- Place some quantity of virgin coconut oil on your fingernails. Be sure they are evenly distributed.
- Then walk your hand over, massage gently starting from the finger to the nails in an oval manner. The reason for this is to ensure the even distribution of blood to all parts.
- Do this for about 15 minutes, leave some of the oil to get absorbed by your nails then protect those hands by wearing hand gloves.
- After about an hour, you’ll notice a small growth in your nails.
Olive Oil is also one of the most sought-after homemade remedies that should come to our minds when growing our nails.
This oil contains a lot of vitamins, particularly vitamin E, which, when applied to the skin around the nails, helps to nourish it and also aids blood circulation.
- Put a reasonable amount of virgin oil in a medium-sized bowl that can accommodate your fingers.
- Then squeeze a little quantity of Lime juice into the bowl containing the olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly, then allow your fingers to sit comfortably in the mixture for one hour. At the end of everything, your nails would have grown to a reasonable length.
You can also use the following method;
- Place some quantity of fresh virgin oil around the skin of your cuticle and nails.
- Then massage the oil around your finger down to the cuticle with your finger in an oval manner, ensuring the cuticle and nails are fully coated with the oil.
- Do this for about 30 minutes after which you put on your gloves.
- After about an hour, remove your gloves, and you’ll be surprised to know just how much growth your fingernails have grown.
Shea Butter does not only contain vitamin A and E, which helps to nourish the skin around the cuticle but also contain fats that keep the cuticle and nails shiny and moisturize all day. To use shea butter;
- Smear some quantity of Shea butter around your nails and cuticle.
- Then massage gently leaves the Shea butter for about 30 minutes on your nails, after which you put on your gloves.
- After about an hour, remove those gloves to see just how much length your nails have grown to.
If you’re looking for an oil that is effective enough to make your nails grow faster, then you should consider investing some cash in quality oil such as Jojoba. This oil – Jojoba has the same feature as your body’s natural oil – Sebum. That is to say, it’s more of a was ester than an oil.
The molecular components of this oil are so small that it can penetrate deeply into your cuticles, and skin surrounding your nails, thereby keeping them hydrated and less likely to dry. The more hydrated your cuticle and nails are. The more likely they are to grow. Here’s how you can maximize its full potential for your nail growth.
- It is really not that difficult to apply this oil to your nails, but one thing you must know is this, like every other oil, a drop is what you need.
- Apply just a drop on your cuticle then massages it gently over your nails for about 5 minutes. Massaging the oil on your nails helps trigger the release of blood down to the matrix. The more blood flows, the more new nail cells are produced.
- Make sure you do this each time you apply the oil if you want your nails to grow at an unimaginable rate.
Argan oil is another lifesaver for our nails. This Morrocan oil is loaded with all the Vitamins (A and E) plus a blend of Omega 3 and 6 acids. All of these and more help to restore the health of our nails, which were initially dry, and add strength to them.
Using argan oil for your nails can also prevent your nails from becoming brittle by adding that extra moisture needed to keep the skin and cuticles hydrated always. So applying it every day on your nails will not only go a long way to protecting them but also helps to lengthen them. Below is how to use them on your nails.
- As usual, a single drop of the oil – argan is what you need. You can drop some on your cuticle using a dropper or pour it over your cuticle but be sure not to empty too much.
- Upon application, gently massage it starting from your cuticle down to your nails, do this gently as going over your cuticle too hard might cause them to tear.
- Do this for about 5 minutes every day, and your nails which have refused to grow out will suddenly spring up to your amazement.
Castor oil is another great alternative for growing long nails faster. This oil is gotten from the seeds of castor plants with a consistent yellowish color. It’s also a fat-based oil because it contains ricinoleic acid, which is capable of moisturizing the cuticle, which further triggers nail growth.
Aside from being an excellent emollient for the skin and a perfect remedy for brittle nails, it also contains antibacterial and antifungal properties to help you fight against fungal infections of all sorts. To have a better take on the usefulness of this oil to nail growth, here is a link to an article, Is Castor Oil Good For Nails?
Does tapping your nails make them grow?
Yes, tapping your nails can make them grow.This is probably due to the fact that tapping your nails can cause trauma or injury to them. Trauma can cause inflammation which can lead to blood flow into the area, nourishing the cells and encouraging growth.
Growing beautiful-looking nails that your friends will envy in mutes is as simple as ABC. But one thing you must understand is, nail growth varies with individuals. Your friend might experience an exponential growth rate while yours might be the opposite, but that does not mean your nails aren’t growing.
It might just be that there are some vitamins you lack, as we’ve earlier stated. But once you’re able to figure out where the problem lies, you’ll be ready to tackle it.
More also understands that our nails can take up to about 6 months to grow fully, with that being said, it is imperative to note also that fingernails grow at about 0.92 – 1 nano-meter every second, 0.1 mm, 0.003937 inches or 86,400 nano-meters in a day.
Now that we’ve given you all you need to know just about the right step to take to grow your nails faster in seconds, minutes, 1 hour, or even in a week, we hope you’re going to take action as soon as possible.