Yoga is one of the best things you should do regularly because of its flexibility and numerous health advantages. You can do it after a long day at work or in the morning before leaving home.
Nevertheless, many people have different questions and opinions about yoga. One of the controversial questions surrounding yoga is the possibility of doing yoga with long or acrylic nails.
If you are also bothered about this question, relax; this article will provide you with answers to the possibility of doing yoga with your acrylic nails. However, can you do yoga with acrylic nails?
Yes, you can do yoga with acrylic nails. As long as they’re not too long and they’re properly maintained, acrylic nails are just as safe for you to do yoga with as any other nail. You just have to be careful.
Yoga is a practice that involves essentially poses, deep breathing, and concentration. There are many poses in yoga you can choose to do that you will still feel comfortable with your long nails. Therefore, don’t panic when you have that long nails and you want to do yoga.
How do I do yoga with acrylic nails?
Do you have acrylic nails? Are you worried about how you could do yoga with them? Relax; this article will provide you with tips on how you could do yoga with long nails.
This pose is also known as the plough pose. First, get your yoga mat and spread it; you then lie on your back. After this, you should raise your legs to 90 degrees.
Use your palms to support your back as you lift it, you then raise your legs behind your head and ensure that your toes touch the floor. Also, ensure that your body weight is on your shoulders. Stay in this position at least for 10 seconds.
First, have a deep breath before you start this. You lie on your chest on the yoga mat, you then lift your arms and your legs simultaneously, keeping them straight.
You can raise your legs and your arms as much as you can. Endeavor to stay in this position for a minimum duration of five seconds.
This method is also known as the headstand pose. However, do not try this as a beginner or you are not confident in yourself.
The first thing you should do when you want to do this is to place your knees on the floor, you can then lean your upper body forward as you also lay your elbows on the floor. After this, you can then interlock your fingers and place your head behind your palms.
When you are in this position, find your balance and try to lift your knees off the floor. Straighten your back and knees, then lift your toes off the floor by bringing your toes to the sky.
Nevertheless, you can lift both legs at once or you do it one after the other. Balance in this position for a minimum duration of 10 seconds.
This pose is also known as the wheel pose. The first thing you should do is to lie on your back, you then fold your knees and open them. After this, place your hips in a way that your heels will form a 90-degree angle shape.
When you are through with this, the next thing you should do is to fold your elbows while you put your palms under your shoulders. At this point, you have to inhale and get prepared for the next thing. The next thing you will do is to put pressure on your palms and legs, then lift your entire body.
When you have arrived at this pose, try to straighten your legs as much as possible. When you have achieved this, the weight of your body should be evenly distributed between your limbs. Endeavor to maintain this position for a minimum duration of 20 seconds.
Effects of doing yoga with long acrylic nails
When you do yoga with long nails, there are things you will be restricted from doing as a result of the long nails.
- Restricted posture: When you have acrylic nails and you want to do yoga, there are some postures you cannot do. One of the postures you are restricted from doing when you have long nails is standing on the tip of your finger. Your acrylic nails will prevent you from doing this.
- Injury: You would not want to do yoga and sustain injury. However, your acrylic nails are a source of threat to you when you do yoga with them. Hence, you might sustain an injury.
Benefits of doing yoga
There are many health and mental benefits that are associated with doing yoga as a practice. It is recommended that you practice yoga frequently
- Reduces back pain: When you do yoga, it is less likely that you have back pain. Moreover, if you are feeling back pain, yoga is one of the things you should consider doing. Also, a daily routine of yoga can help manage pains and reduce the chances of sustaining an injury.
- Mood: If you are feeling depressed, anxious, or restless, you should consider doing yoga. You will feel relaxed and reduces your stress.
- Strength: Some yoga practice styles are physical. Hence, constant practice of these styles can help improve your strength and stamina. In addition, less strenuous styles can help improve endurance. However, nearly all yoga styles help improve abdominal muscle and sense of balance.
- Breathing: Yoga involves paying attention to your breathing. Some yoga practices help build breathing techniques.
- Heart: Constant practice of yoga is recommended for reduction in blood pressure and slow heart rate. Hence, this will benefit people suffering from heart-related diseases, stroke, and high blood pressure.
- Reduction of fat: When you do yoga often, you are less likely to have body fat or belly fat.
Risks of doing yoga
It is rare to incur any serious injury when you do yoga as yoga practices are relatively mild and safe. Nevertheless, you are at the risk of sustaining a less serious injury when you practice yoga.
- Sprain: When you practice yoga, especially the intense practice; you are at the risk of tearing your ligament. Hence, you should be careful, especially when you are doing yoga with acrylic nails.
- Strain: You are also at the risk of stretching or tearing your muscle when you practice yoga. It usually occurs in the muscle in the thigh.
You are less likely to sustain an injury when you practice yoga. However, you should consider these first aid tips if peradventure you sustain an injury.
- Rest: When you sustain an injury while practicing yoga, you should consider taking a break. Hence, you should avoid all forms of activities that can cause pain and swelling.
- Ice: In the interim, before you seek medical attention, you should put ice on the affected area immediately.
- Compression: To prevent the affected spot from swelling, you should compress the area with a bandage. Doing this will prevent it from swelling.
There are many benefits you will derive when you do yoga. However, if you want to practice yoga with acrylic nails, you should seek the service of a professional instructor, to know the best posture that is comfortable for people with long nails.