Contents On This Page
- 1 Best Product To Stop Nail Biting
- 2 1. Mavala Stop nail biting – Best Anti-Nail Biting Polish [ Recommended]
- 2.1 2. Onyx Professional “Stop The Bite” – Nail Biting & Thumb Sucking Deterrent Polish [Best Alternative]
- 2.2 3. No Bite Nail Polish – Best Nail Biting Treatment for Kids & Adults [Amazon’s Best Sellers]
- 2.3 4. Stop Thumb Sucking – Best Kid Nail Biting Products [Highly Recommended For Children, 5-12]
- 2.4 5. Strong Will Anti-Nail Biting Click Pen – Best On The Go Nail Pen [Recommended]
- 2.5 6. Nail Clipper Travel & Grooming Kit Nail Tools Manicure & Pedicure Set – [Amazon’s Choice]
- 2.6 7. Barielle No Bite Pro Growth – Pocket-Friendly Anti Nail Bite Product
- 2.7 What Are The Causes Of Nail Biting
- 2.8 How To Stop Biting Your Nail
- 2.9 Why Anti Bite Polish?
- 2.10 Work Of No Bite Polish
- 2.11 A Note On Nail Polish Selection
- 2.12 Where To Buy Quality Anti Nail Bad Tasting Polish
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions On Best Products To Stop Nail Biting
One of the hardest habits to kick out for some persons is having to stop biting their nails completely. If you’re a chronic nail biter, then you can definitely relate to what I’m saying.
Disclaimer: Getlongnails.com is a full-time participant of the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Do you know that over the last couple of years, research has shown that 20 – 30% of the world’s population particularly children within the age group 7 – 10 plus a 45 % rise in adolescents do bite their nails daily? Well, now, you know.
Also, do you know that there are staggering numbers of persons suffering from one disease or the other today as a result of chewing their nails? I guess you don’t know.
In fact, recent studies have also proven than 40% of people involved in this violent act of going after their nails usually end up with a damaged tooth?
Well, all of these and many more are the reason why you should kick or replace this bad habit today. So how can you successfully replace this habit with a good one or put a stop to it in a short while?
This is why we’ve taken out time to write this comprehensive guide on the best way to stop biting fingernails, just for you. In fact, with my few years in the nail industry, I’ve come to understand that the best way to stop biting your nails and skin is to invest in some good nail-biting products and that’s what this article is all about.
So if you’re serious about not going after your fingernails and the skin surrounding your nails, then you should consider picking any of our recommended products that will help you curb this annoying habit for good.
Best Product To Stop Nail Biting
Stopping nail-biting may seem complicated, but the truth is, it isn’t, and that’s because we’ve done some research and found out that certain products do work wonders. Below are a few of what we recommend.
UPDATES: I was browsing through a forum a few days back and I stumbled upon a great gadget that I would want you to know about. Its actually a Dermatillomania (Skin Picking), and Nail Biting Smart Awareness Tracker for those that must have tried all the products below without seeing any success. Its a great device with amazing customers reviews and its something I suggest that you try. If you don’t mind checking it out, you can do so HERE or click on the image below.
There may be lots of anti nail biting products that promise to help you stop biting your nails and skin, but none can be compared to a product from Mavala.
It’s a product formulated or made with a bitter harmless tasting liquid which can be easily brushed over bare nails and even on manicured nails.
It’s competent enough to stop even the most regular nail and thumb biting habits in adults and children within age 4 and above without causing any harm to their overall health.
In other words, it’s friendly, safe and can be used on anyone above 4 and across different age and to think that paediatricians, dentist and orthodontists highly recommend it, makes it a go-to product for every nail biters.
- Size: Mavala stop comes in a single size of about 0.3 Fl Oz with varying packs ranging from pack 1-3
- Expiration: One of the fantastic things I love about this anti nail biting products from Mavala is that it has a shelve life of about 2 years. What this means is that once the lids are taking away, it can stay fresh and active for about 24 months. Isn’t that amazing?
- Colour: It has a more apparent appearance of a base coat which is almost unnoticeable when applied on nails.
- Quick Dry: Unlike other nail-biting products, this anti bite polish dries within 1 minute after application.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 0.2 inches ; 1.44 ounces (that’s about 39.68g as weight). A liquid with a volume of 1.4 oz tells us how light the product is, so carrying it about wouldn’t be much of a headache to you. Still confused as to what a bottle of 1-16 oz looks like? Then you need to see this.
- Rating: For a product to rank number 3 in nail care products on Amazon, that alone should tell you how potent that product is. In simpler terms, this anti nail polish has an amazing customers review of seven thousand (7,000 +).
- Directions: To apply, brush a coat of Maval anti stop polish over your nails with the help of the nail brush after which you allow to dry for a minute or two.
You can decide to apply it on your entire nails (bare or polished nails) or the tips of your nails. The choice is entirely yours.
Also, the application should be regular until you’ve successfully broken the habit. In most instances, you may begin to see improvement within the 10th.
Warning: The product may seem harmless, but it’s wise that you keep it far away from children under age 3.
- Help keep nails strong and healthy
- Prevents hands from mouth
- Stops germs from hand
- Safe for children and adults
- Effective in stopping nail bite and thumb sucking in children
- Dries quickly.
- Cannot be used for children under age 3.
- Quite expensive.
2. Onyx Professional “Stop The Bite” – Nail Biting & Thumb Sucking Deterrent Polish [Best Alternative]
If you are looking for a budget-friendly polish to stop that your annoying habits of biting your nails, then you need not search further because Stop the bite polish is what you need.
Stop the bite anti bite polish is another incredible deterrent that has made it to our list of best products to stop nail-biting.
This amazing polish is best known for its ability to deter the urge of one going after his fingernails while acting as a nail growth products. Isn’t that lovely? Well, there are still a few more surprises for you. Read on.
Another interesting thing to note about this bitter-tasting polish is that it’s dual oriented. What this means is that it can be used as either a topcoat or a base coat.
- Size: The product is quite small, which makes it a perfect fit for your handbag. As little as it may seem, a single coat on your nails can last all through the day.
- Colour: It’s clear enough to be used on nails as either a base or as topcoats.
- Quick-dry: It’s formulated in such a way that it gets dried quickly. Any product with such ability tends to stay longer while maintaining its effectiveness.
- Weight: It weighs about 1.76 ounces ( that’s about 49.89516 grams). Bottle and packaging inclusive.
- Directions: The success of any anti bite products is in the application. So to get the best out of this polish, ensure to drop two coats on your fingernails at least twice in a day ( preferably in the morning, and afternoon)
More also, keep applying this polish until you’ve successfully nailed this habit. Within 1-3 months, you ought to start seeing evident results already.
Rating: Sitting at #1 spots in “Nail repair” on Amazon and with a rating of 889 plus massive numbers of reviews of about 882, this product has proven beyond doubt to be a game-changer. So going after it wouldn’t be a bad idea.
- Act as nail growth formulae
- It can be used as either a base or a top coat
- Budgets friendly
- Fast drying
- Harmless for both adults and children.
- Not suitable for under-aged children.
- Expiration date not specified.
3. No Bite Nail Polish – Best Nail Biting Treatment for Kids & Adults [Amazon’s Best Sellers]
For a product to make it to Amazon’s lists of “Best Sellers” then there must be something unique about that item, and that’s precisely why we’ve decided to include this nail deterrent polish among our list.
No bite is a product from Magique, a company situated in the USA and a renowned manufacturer of quality nail polish products.
As it is with other anti deterrent polish, one outstanding characteristic that gives it an edge over other polish is the fact that it’s waterproof, odourless and none toxic and to think that its safe for pets is so amazing.
There’s another thing that distinguishes this anti nail biting products from others and as you’ve rightly guessed, it can as well be used on an existing polish and also, as nail growth stimulator or promoter.
Aside from promoting nail growth, it can also be used as a protective guard against thumb sucking and cuticle biting amongst adults or children.
- Size: It’s relatively small, which makes it a perfect companion that can be taken almost anywhere to keep you from chewing your nails.
- Colour: It’s clear which makes it almost unnoticeable when worn by nail biters.
- Quick-dry: Yes. It gets dried up in minutes, and it doesn’t wash off easily.
- Dimensions: 1.2 x 1.2 x 3 inches; 2.08 ounces
- Directions: If you want to grow healthy nails while nailing the habit of biting your nails, then you should apply this No bite polish from the cuticle down to your fingernails.
To apply, ensure that your nails are well cleaned and dried then brush the polish over your nails. Hey, you don’t have to worry about whether it will wash off while doing the dishes because it doesn’t go off easily, so you’re protected all day.
Keep reapplying until you’ve nailed the habit completely. By the first few weeks, you should start seeing results. Often times, results may somewhat be around 2-4 weeks.
Warning: Products should not be taking orally both instead, should be applied to nails. Also, its highly flammable (can lead to explosion) and should be kept out of the reach of children under age 3.
Rating: 714 reviews, not much but quite OK for a product dedicated to stopping biting nails. You really should give it a try.
- Can be applied on bare or polished nails
- Safe for children and pets
- Promotes nail growth
- Quick dry
- Quite expensive
4. Stop Thumb Sucking – Best Kid Nail Biting Products [Highly Recommended For Children, 5-12]
If you’ve been paying close attention to our picks, you ought to have known that the first three products we reviewed are aimed at stopping nail-biting in adults to some considerable extent, right?
Well, here’s a friendly anti stop thumb sucking product for kids, all thanks to Thumbusters for putting so many efforts in this.
With a product of this nature, you’re a few steps to putting a final stop to your kid’s constant thumb sucking habit
How do this work? It’s pretty simple; your kids just have to wear this glove-like device made off breathable material over his or her thumb and boom, before you know it, that urge will begin to dwindle.
- Size: It’s not that big so it can fit better on children’s thumb, especially children between 5-12 years.
- Colour: There are made up of varying colours depending on which one you want to buy for your kids.
- Weight: Since it’s of breathable material, it’s expected to weigh a bit low. Thumbuster gloves for kids weighs 1.12 ounces.
- Battery: There’s absolutely no room for battery which is why it’s one of the safest way four your kids to stop thumb sucking for good without being constantly reminded to stop by adults.
- Dimension: 7 x 5 x 0.2 inches
- It’s durable
- Easily cleaned
- Enough colour varieties
- It’s only effective for thumb only
5. Strong Will Anti-Nail Biting Click Pen – Best On The Go Nail Pen [Recommended]
If you’re that type that loves travelling a lot and you’re looking for a product that you can carry along with you, then this Anti-nail-biting click pen is what you need.
All thanks to Nail Quail, a USA based company specialised in producing bad tasting nail polishes.
This 7ml nail pen as you already know has a bitter-tasting liquid made from natural ingredients which can be applied on cuticle and nails.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Rating: Although its quite small, but it’s still OK to see a product with a rating of 148 plus, 146 positive, customers review.
- Directions: To apply, tab on the pen until the brush is wet enough, after that, gently apply on your fingernails and cuticles then allow it to dry off.
Reapply twice a day (preferably in the morning and afternoon) until you’ve nailed the habit completely. Between a few weeks or so, you should start seeing positive results.
- Easy to carry around because of its small size
- Made from natural ingredients
- Suitable for kids and adults
- No smell.
- It’s quite expensive.
6. Nail Clipper Travel & Grooming Kit Nail Tools Manicure & Pedicure Set – [Amazon’s Choice]
I know you may be wondering why we have to include this as one of the best products to stop nail biting?
Well, the truth is this, over the tears, we’ve found out that majority of persons who bite their nails do so merely because they hate seeing hangnails and the best way out for them in the absence of no tool is to use their teeth.
Having a manicure and pedicure set like the one above in place, the temptation to go over those nails will be reduced to some extent. Don’t you think so? Well, we do.
So to be on a safer side, we always recommend all our users to go after owing a set of this handy nail grooming kits which
Features: One of the outstanding features that made this nail kit into our pick of some of the best nail-biting products is the fact that all the tools contained in these kits are made from high-quality steel that doesn’t rust. Another thing that made this very nail travel kit different from the other ones we’ve used is in the design.
A product with PU leather, quality fabric plus a stylish design, light and of a smaller size is something you should have an eye on especially if you’re that type that loves travelling a lot with your nails in mind.
One other great thing to note about this manicure and pedicure set is that it can be used to care for your hand, foot and of cause facial care.
Still in doubt as to whether to go for this kit or not, considering the price you’re paying for a kit with 15 pieces of mani-pedicure sets? Then you really should go over to Amazon to check how much a single nail clipper cost? When you’re done with that, try and see how much you’ll end up saving buying this complete set.
- 3 professional nail clippers (2 small, 1 large for trimming nails )
- 3 callous remover ( for removing stubborn callous)
- 1 ear pick (to clean wax from ear)
- 1 nail filer ( to file rough edges away)
- 1 Fork (for removing dead skin)
- 1 Knife (for cleaning specks of dirt under nails)
- 1 Eyebrow scissors ( to trim eyebrows)
- 1 Tweezers (for removing ingrown nails and for picking eyebrow)
- 1 Cuticle trimmer ( for trimming of overgrown cuticles)
- 1 Needle (for acne)
- 1 push-type broach
Size: The case ( 6.3*1.1*4 inches) is small enough to fit into your travelling bag.
Dimensions: 6.3 x 4 x 1.1 inches ; 11.4 ounces
Colour: So far, there are only two options you choose from (yellow/black) more colour options will be added in subsequent time.
Rating: This kit over the years has wrecked wonders in the life of those that are privileged to use it with staggering numbers of reviews of about 425 and sitting at #14 in the mani-pedicure kit.
Notice: Even after the purchase, and you feel you’re not satisfied with the product, there’s room for a refund which makes it even better.
- Small, lightweight and easy to carry
- Quality materials (fabrics, leather etc.)
- It’s durable
- It’s gift-able
- Less expensive
- Tools need to be sterilised after each use.
7. Barielle No Bite Pro Growth – Pocket-Friendly Anti Nail Bite Product
No bite pro is yet another no biting product that’s quite cheap and works just fine. Unlike every other product, no bite pro is odourless, clear and also, can be used as a nail growth products.
A single coat on your nails and cuticle is active enough to stop even the worst nail biting scenery you can ever think of.
Its safe for both adults and children, and can as well be used to stop thumb sucking amongst children.
- Dimension: 1.5 x 1.5 x 3.5 inches; 1.6 ounces
- Warning: It should not be used for children under age 3 and try to keep it far away from flame or heat.
- Direction: It can be applied on bare nails or added to an existing polish or used on manicured nails. The application should be done twice daily and should be left to dry.
- Safe for kids and adults
- Pregnancy friendly
- It can be used as a nail growth products
- Not expensive
- Cannot be shipped internationally
What Are The Causes Of Nail Biting
There are numerous reasons why people bite their nails, for the most part, a lot of persons do so because of anxiety, boredom, hunger, fear or just an uncontrollable reflex actions.
How To Stop Biting Your Nail
There are lots of ways to stop nail biting ways or nail this habit for good. Ways like keeping the hand busy, chewing gum and a host of other methods but what we’ve found out is that the best way to stop nail biting habit entirely is by applying the anti-nail-biting product or investing in quality mani-pedicure sets.
Why Anti Bite Polish?
The bitter-tasting effect of this polish is why we’ve chosen to go with this product. The taste is so strong that it can deter or stop even the worst nail biter from sticking his nails into his mouth.
Work Of No Bite Polish
The primary task of a Polish explicitly designed to stop nail biting is to act as a reminder as well as gives out bad taste.
What this means is that the polish help to keep you informed, failure to adhere to its instruction will lead you towards tasting the polish and when you do this, you’ll be left no choice but to stop.
A Note On Nail Polish Selection
There’s absolutely no point going after all the available anti-nail-biting polishes we’ve suggested here.
What you should do is, go with one first. Try to see the outcome of it, if it works fine for you then stick to it. If it doesn’t, then you can now move over to the next one.
Where To Buy Quality Anti Nail Bad Tasting Polish
As you may already know, the best and trusted place to get this no bite polish of high quality is on Amazon.
Before you proceed with your purchase, we advise that you should first go over the customer’s review to see what others are saying concerning that particular product.
Frequently Asked Questions On Best Products To Stop Nail Biting
How Do I Stop Extreme Nail Biting?
The first step to stop nail biting is to make up your mind. Once your mind is made up, you can now decide to try out any of the above products we’ve taken out time to research just for you.
What To Put On Child’s Nails To Stop Biting?
Any of the above products we’ve outlined can be used to stop thumb sucking and nail-biting in kids. The only don’t to this is that it should not be used for kids under age 3.
Is Biting Nails A Sign Of Anxiety?
Yes. Nail-biting is linked to anxiety and research has proven that people who engage in this act do so as a way to ease tension, stress and the most obvious, boredom.
Is Stop The Bite Safe For Toddlers?
Stop the bite as anti nail polish is safe for anyone to use whether you’re an adult or a kid. The only thing what mentioning here is that it should not be used for children under age 3.
Is Mavala Stop Toxic?
Biting One’s Nails Can Cause What?
There are a lot of damages this single act can cause. For example, biting your teeth can lead to
- Loss of a tooth
- Chipped tooth
- May weakens the root of your teeth
- Infection of the nails
- Bacteria’s or germs.
Conclusion On Best Product To Stop Nail Biting
Old habits are tough to change same goes with biting nails, but with little efforts from you coupled with applying any of the products we’ve reviewed here today, you are as good as putting a stop to it for good.
So would you rather sit back and watch this bad habit ruin you or do something about it today? Well, the choice is entirely yours but whatever your decision is, don’t ever forget that a healthy, looking nails is the pride of every woman.
Now over to you? Which of our recommendation have you tried? Which did you want to give a right shot way? If you’ve tested any, How did it went? Don’t hesitate to relate it to us as we will be eager to hear and see your amazing before and after picture.