One of the hardest habits to kick out for some people is having to stop biting their nails completely. If you’re a chronic nail-biter, then you can definitely relate to what I’m saying. So how can you successfully replace this habit with a good one or put a stop to it in a short while?
As someone who has struggled with nail-biting for years, I know firsthand how difficult it can be to break this habit. From bitter-tasting nail polishes to fidget toys and even therapy, I’ve tried a variety of products in my quest to stop biting my nails. Through my personal experience, I’ve come to understand that finding the right solution can be a trial-and-error process.
That’s why I’ve decided to write this review – to provide an overview of the various products available and share my own experiences in the hopes of helping others who are struggling with this problem. In this review, we will take a look at some of the best products to stop nail biting. We will also provide a buying guide to help you find the right solution for you.
Best Product To Stop Nail Biting
Stopping nail-biting may seem complicated, but the truth is, it isn’t, and that’s because we’ve done some research and found out that certain products do work wonders. Below are a few of what we recommend.
1. Mavala Stop nail biting – Best Anti-Nail Biting Polish [ Recommended]
There may be lots of anti-nail biting products that promise to help you stop biting your nails and skin, but none can be compared to a product from Mavala. It’s a product formulated or made with a bitter harmless tasting liquid that can be easily brushed over bare nails and even on manicured nails.
- Size: Mavala stop comes in a single size of about 0.3 Fl Oz with varying packs ranging from pack 1-3
- Expiration: One of the fantastic things I love about this anti-nail-biting product from Mavala is that it has a shelf life of about 2 years. What this means is that once the lids are taken away, they can stay fresh and active for about 24 months. Isn’t that amazing?
- Color: It has a more apparent appearance of a base coat which is almost unnoticeable when applied to nails.
- Quick Dry: Unlike other nail-biting products, this anti-bite polish dries within 1 minute after application.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 0.2 inches; 1.44 ounces (that’s about 39.68g as weight). A liquid with a volume of 1.4 oz tells us how light the product is, so carrying it about wouldn’t be much of a headache to you. Still, confused as to what a bottle of 1-16 oz looks like? Then you need to see this.
- Rating: For a product to rank number 3 in nail care products on Amazon, that alone should tell you how potent that product is. In simpler terms, this anti-nail polish has an amazing customer review of seven thousand (7,000 +).
- Directions: To apply, brush a coat of Maval anti-stop polish over your nails with the help of the nail brush after which you allow them to dry for a minute or two.
- Help keep nails strong and healthy
- Prevents hands from mouth
- Stops germs from hand
- Safe for children and adults
- Effective in stopping nail bites and thumb sucking in children
- Dries quickly.
- Cannot be used for children under age 3.
- Quite expensive.
2. Onyx Professional “Stop The Bite” – Nail Biting & Thumb Sucking Deterrent Polish [Best Alternative]
If you are looking for a budget-friendly polish to stop your annoying habit of biting your nails, then you need not search further because Stop the bite polish is what you need.
Stop the bite anti-bite polish is another incredible deterrent that has made it to our list of best products to stop nail biting.
This amazing polish is best known for its ability to deter the urge one going after his fingernails while acting as a nail growth product. Isn’t that lovely? Well, there are still a few more surprises for you. Read on.
Another interesting thing to note about this bitter-tasting polish is that it’s dual-oriented. What this means is that it can be used as either a topcoat or a base coat.
- Size: The product is quite small, which makes it a perfect fit for your handbag. As little as it may seem, a single coat on your nails can last all through the day.
- Color: It’s clear enough to be used on nails as either a base or as topcoats.
- Quick-dry: It’s formulated in such a way that it gets dried quickly. Any product with such ability tends to stay longer while maintaining its effectiveness.
- Weight: It weighs about 1.76 ounces ( that’s about 49.89516 grams). Bottle and packaging inclusive.
- Directions: The success of any anti-bite product is in the application. So to get the best out of this polish, ensure to drop two coats on your fingernails at least twice a day ( preferably in the morning, and afternoon)
- Rating: Sitting at the #1 spot in “Nail repair” on Amazon and with a rating of 889 plus massive numbers of reviews of about 882, this product has proven beyond doubt to be a game-changer. So going after it wouldn’t be a bad idea.
- Act as nail growth formulae
- It can be used as either a base or a top coat
- Budgets friendly
- Fast drying
- Harmless for both adults and children.
- Not suitable for under-aged children.
- The expiration date is not specified.
3. No Bite Nail Polish – Best Nail Biting Treatment for Kids & Adults [Amazon’s Best Sellers]
For a product to make it to Amazon’s list of “Best Sellers” then there must be something unique about that item, and that’s precisely why we’ve decided to include this nail deterrent polish on our list.
No bite is a product from Magique, a company situated in the USA and a renowned manufacturer of quality nail polish products.
- Size: It’s relatively small, which makes it a perfect companion that can be taken almost anywhere to keep you from chewing your nails.
- Color: It’s clear which makes it almost unnoticeable when worn by nail biters.
- Quick-dry: Yes. It gets dried up in minutes, and it doesn’t wash off easily.
- Dimensions: 1.2 x 1.2 x 3 inches; 2.08 ounces
- Directions: If you want to grow healthy nails while nailing the habit of biting your nails, then you should apply this bite polish from the cuticle down to your fingernails.
To apply, ensure that your nails are well cleaned and dried then brush the polish over your nails. Hey, you don’t have to worry about whether it will wash off while doing the dishes because it doesn’t go off easily, so you’re protected all day.
- Warning: Products should not be taken orally instead, should be applied to nails. Also, it’s highly flammable (can lead to explosion) and should be kept out of the reach of children under age 3.
- Rating: 714 reviews, not much but quite OK for a product dedicated to stopping biting nails. You really should give it a try.
- Can be applied on bare or polished nails
- Safe for children and pets
- Promotes nail growth
- Quick dry
- Quite expensive
4. Stop Thumb Sucking, Thumbusters
If you’ve been paying close attention to our picks, you ought to have known that the first three products we reviewed are aimed at stopping nail-biting in adults to some considerable extent, right? Well, here’s a friendly anti-stop thumb-sucking product for kids, all thanks to Thumbusters for putting so much effort into this.
- Size: It’s not that big so it can fit better on children’s thumbs, especially children between 5-12 years.
- Color: There are made up of varying colors depending on which one you want to buy for your kids.
- Weight: Since it’s of breathable material, it’s expected to weigh a bit low. Thumbuster gloves for kids weigh 1.12 ounces.
- Battery: There’s absolutely no room for battery which is why it’s one of the safest ways for your kids to stop thumb-sucking for good without being constantly reminded to stop by adults.
- Dimension: 7 x 5 x 0.2 inches
- It’s durable
- Easily cleaned
- Enough color varieties
- It’s only effective for thumb only
5. Strong Will Anti-Nail Biting Click Pen – Best On The Go Nail Pen [Recommended]
If you’re that type that loves traveling a lot and you’re looking for a product that you can carry along with you, then this Anti-nail-biting click pen is what you need. All thanks to Nail Quail, a USA-based company specializing in producing bad-tasting nail polishes.
This 7ml nail pen as you already know has a bitter-tasting liquid made from natural ingredients which can be applied to cuticles and nails.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Rating: Although it’s quite small, it’s still OK to see a product with a rating of 148 plus, 146 positive, customers review.
- Directions: To apply, tab on the pen until the brush is wet enough, after that, gently apply on your fingernails and cuticles then allow it to dry off.
Reapply twice a day (preferably in the morning and afternoon) until you’ve nailed the habit completely. Between a few weeks or so, you should start seeing positive results.
- Easy to carry around because of its small size
- Made from natural ingredients
- Suitable for kids and adults
- No smell.
- It’s quite expensive.
6. Nail Clipper Travel & Grooming Kit Nail Tools Manicure & Pedicure Set – [Amazon’s Choice]
I know you may be wondering why we have to include this as one of the best products to stop nail biting.
Well, the truth is this, over the years, we’ve found out that the majority of people who bite their nails do so merely because they hate seeing hangnails and the best way out for them in the absence of no tool is to use their teeth.
Having a manicure and pedicure set like the one above in place, the temptation to go over those nails will be reduced to some extent. Don’t you think so? Well, we do.
Features: One of the outstanding features that made this nail kit our pick of some of the best nail-biting products is the fact that all the tools contained in these kits are made from high-quality steel that doesn’t rust. Another thing that made this very nail travel kit different from the other ones we’ve used is the design.
A product with PU leather, quality fabric plus a stylish design, light, and of a smaller size is something you should have an eye on especially if you’re that type that loves traveling a lot with your nails in mind.
- 3 professional nail clippers (2 small, 1 large for trimming nails )
- 3 callous remover ( for removing stubborn callous)
- 1 ear pick (to clean wax from ear)
- 1 nail filer ( to file rough edges away)
- 1 Fork (for removing dead skin)
- 1 Knife (for cleaning specks of dirt under nails)
- 1 Eyebrow scissors ( to trim eyebrows)
- 1 Tweezers (for removing ingrown nails and for picking eyebrows)
- 1 Cuticle trimmer ( for trimming overgrown cuticles)
- 1 Needle (for acne)
- 1 push-type broach
- Small, lightweight, and easy to carry
- Quality materials (fabrics, leather, etc.)
- It’s durable
- It’s gift-able
- Less expensive
- Tools need to be sterilized after each use.
7. Barielle No Bite Pro Growth – Pocket-Friendly Anti-Nail Bite Product
No bite pro is yet another no-biting product that’s quite cheap and works just fine. Unlike every other product, no bite pro is odorless, clear and also, and can be used as a nail growth product.
A single coat on your nails and cuticle is active enough to stop even the worst nail-biting scenery you can ever think of.
- Dimension: 1.5 x 1.5 x 3.5 inches; 1.6 ounces
- Warning: It should not be used for children under age 3 and try to keep it far away from flame or heat.
- Direction: It can be applied on bare nails or added to an existing polish or used on manicured nails. The application should be done twice daily and should be left to dry.
- Safe for kids and adults
- Pregnancy friendly
- It can be used as a nail growth products
- Not expensive
- Cannot be shipped internationally
Buying Guide for Getting the Best Products To Stop Nail Biting
1. Identify the reason for nail biting
It’s important to understand if nail biting is a habit or if there is an underlying psychological or medical condition. Identifying the root cause will help you choose the best product for you.
2. Consider your budget
While some products may be more expensive than others, it’s important to find one that fits within your budget. Look for options that are affordable and provide value for money.
3. Research the products available
Before making a purchase, read reviews and compare the pros and cons of different products. Look for products that have been recommended by professionals and have a proven track record of effectiveness.
4. Check for ingredients
If you’re using a nail-biting polish, check the ingredients and ensure it is safe for you to use. Avoid products with harsh chemicals that may cause an allergic reaction.
5. Assess the severity of the nail-biting habit
Determine how often and how severe the nail-biting is, as this will help you decide on the best approach to stopping the habit.
6. Consider your preferences
Think about what type of product you would feel most comfortable using. Some people may prefer the bitter-tasting nail polish, while others may find a fidget toy more appealing.
7. Check for potential side-effects
Consider any potential side effects that may occur from using a product. Some products may cause an allergic reaction or have other risks.
8. Consult with a healthcare professional
If you have any underlying medical conditions or are unsure about which product is best for you, consult with a healthcare professional. They can provide guidance and advice on the most appropriate products for you.
9. Have a plan for maintaining progress
Once you have found a product that works for you, make sure you have a plan in place for maintaining the progress you have made. This might include continued use of the product or seeking additional support.
Nail biting can be a difficult habit to break, but there are many products available that can help. From bitter-tasting nail polishes to fidget toys and even therapy, there are a variety of options to choose from. The key to finding the right solution is to identify the underlying cause of the habit and consider your personal preferences and budget.
In this review, we have looked at some of the best products to stop nail biting. Each of these products has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, and what works for one person may not work for another.
Overall, the most effective product is likely to be one that addresses the underlying cause of the habit and provides a solution that fits your lifestyle and budget.
If you’re looking for more information on how to stop nail biting, we recommend consulting with a healthcare professional or therapist. They can provide guidance and advice on the most appropriate products and methods for you. Remember, with the right approach and a little bit of perseverance, it’s possible to break the habit of nail biting.