Looking good is a business forever no matter the age or years you have lived. Taking care of yourself is important, which involves what you eat and how you look. When your physical appearance is good, you feel happy and excited. Your physical appearance has to do with your facials, nails, and clothes. The older you get, the more the desire to focus on glamorous nail color which gives you that youthful glow.
Choosing an appropriate nail color that will suit your current level of life is vital. To keep up with a good appearance, you will need polishes that will not draw attention to the effects of aging showing on your hands. So, in this article, we will examine which is the best nail color for older hands
What Nail Color Looks Best On Old Hands?
Light-colored nail polish looks best on old hands. They hide wrinkles and make the skin look better, and leaner, and give a certain glow to the person wearing them.
If you’re at the age of 50 to 70, you know that your hands don’t look like it was when you were in your 20s. There is the presence of wrinkles, dark spots, shades, and blue veins. These changes make your hands look dull and unattractive but whatever color you decide to put on your nail can create that attractive spark again.
Dark colors like gray, black, and blue polishes or any cool-toned polish will make the aging effects on your hands to be easy to see. Your nails need to give your hands a youthful and vibrant look, which demands that you make use of bright fascinating colors for your nails. When your nail color is alluring, it poses a distraction to the look of your hands.
List Of Nail Color That Looks Best On Old Hands
This is exactly what you’ve been wanting to see, so let’s get started. Bright colors are appealing for old hands but not all bright colors are to be used. Yellow color is a bright color but is not the best choice to be used on old hands, this is because it makes your hand look dull. Some of the colors are to be used in different shades to obtain the desired result.
Here are the best nail colors you can make use of:
1. Orange color
This color is bright, youthful, and alluring. It helps to remove the attention from the signs of aging such as veins, spots, and wrinkles showing on your skin. It brings out your skin’s natural glow and is a warm-based color. Orange color has many undertones and shades which include:
- Apricot – a light yellowish-orangish color
- Tangerine – a saturated bold orange hue
- Rust – an orange-brown color
- Cantaloupe – a lively light orange tone
- Fire – an orange-red tone
- Spice – orange-brown shade
- Squash – brilliant orange shade
- Marmalade – an orange-brown shade
- Citrus – bright orange shade
- Copper-red-orange shade
- Clementine – a darker reddish shade of orange
- Terracotta – an orange-brown color
- Amber – yellow-orange shade
- Marigold – yellow-orange color
- Coral – orange shade of pink
- Peach – yellowish-orange color.
2. Red color
This is a good nail color for old hands, it is bright and captivating. It gives your nail this classy lively look. Bright red nails draw attention to your manicure instead of your hands. There are shades of red color which include:
- Ginger – light red undertone, reddish-brown shade.
- Melon – a light shade of red
- Clay – reddish brown
- Cocoa – blood-red or brownish-red shade
- Spice – medium-dark shade of pink-red
- Copper-reddish-brown shade
- Ruby – a medium-dark red color
- Cranberry-saturated apple red with a ruby undertone
- Plum – reddish-purple shade
- Brick red – brownish-red shade.
3. Yellow color
This color is not be used out-rightly for your nails, it is better to use shades that include:
- Amber – is a dark shade of yellow with a golden undertone.
- Gold – slightly yellowish-orange.
- Citrus – shade of yellow color.
- Peach – pale yellow.
4. Brown color
Depending on your skin tone, this color is a good nail color that will accentuate the look of your hands. It comes in shades of:
- Honey – dark brown
- Cappuccino – dark brown
- Taupe – brown-gray
- Nude – It is a color that possesses anti-aging power. It is a pale shade of a mixture of brown and white.
5. Green color
- The bright green color is too out for what you desire, you will have to use the shade
- Mint – a light, vibrant shade of green that gives your hands that dazzling look
- Crisp – a pale green tone.
6. Pink color
The pink color is one of the best after the orange color. All colors with pink shades or undertones are accurate for your nails. It has these shades:
- Peach – light orangish pink
- Rose gold – a soft golden-tinged shade of pink
- Baby pink – a light shade of pink
- Translucent pink – a clear undertone of pink
- Fuchsia – a vivid purplish pink
The shades listed under each color are what you will find on the bottle of nail polishes. The description of the shades is to help you know what color mixture is contained in it and the one you will prefer to others. You should never make use of any color that has a bluish shade or undertone as it will make the blue veins on your hands to be noticeable.
You can get creative with these shades and make beautiful nail art or designs out of them, either by yourself or with the help of a nail technician. Try to keep your nails a little bit short, give them an oval shape during filing. Do not use glitter nail polish for your manicure. If you want a shining effect, make use of nail polishes that contain a moderate amount of metallic shine and glossy finishes. It will make your nails glow.
List Of Amazing Nail Polish With The Right Color For Old Hands
1. Eternal Nude Nail Polish Set
Eternal Nude Nail Polish Set – is an exquisite nail polish selection with 4 exclusive colors. It comes in a set that includes 4 radiant color shades. Perfect nail polish for nude lovers, you will get the exact result you desire.
2. JXH Gel Nail Polish Set
It is completely safe and healthy for your nails. You can wear it with confidence knowing that JXH gel nails are 100% safe and made of natural resin. While some gel polish can be harsh on nails, this one is made to be gentle. No harsh ingredients or adhesives lead to damaged nails.
It is a harmless resin, non-toxic, environmentally friendly, high quality, and low smell. You can also create nail art with this polish. JXH gel nail polish dries very fast, is easy to apply, and has no nasty smell. This salon-quality gel polish color is durable for up to 21 days of wear with proper application. There are no chips, smudges, nicks, or dents. Suitable for use on natural nails, acrylic nails, false nails, and tips.
3. Essie Coral Glossy Shine Nail Polish
This glossy nail polish provides flawless coverage and outstanding durability; which includes its exclusive easy-glide brush that fits every nail size for streak-free application.
For a perfect manicure using this product; use apricot cuticle oil, Essie base coat, 2 coats of Essie polish, and seal with Essie topcoat.
4. FZANEST Jelly Gel Nail Polish
- Long Wearing, Lasting 15+ Days With Appropriate Usage
- Health Choice: Products with healthy ingredients, low smell, NON-TOXIC
- Good Quality: On like polish, Wears like Gel, Off in minutes, Mirror shine finish
5. Essie Expressie Nail Polish
This fast-drying nail polish dries in about a minute so you can grab, apply, and dry on the fly.
One Step Nail Color: Apply 2 coats of any expressie color on clean nails and let dry for about a minute; No base or topcoat is needed.
Easy Application: This nail polish features our first-ever angled brush for easy self-application with both hands, including your non-dominant hand; To switch, simply flip the brush and angle it down.
6. Essie Tangerine Nail Polish
This glossy shiny electric vibrant tangerine nail polish in a salon-quality formula provides flawless coverage and outstanding durability. It comes in 6 saturated Punchy bright nail polish shades to capture a craving for color and summertime cheer. Easy professional application- Our exclusive easy glide brush fits every nail size for quick, even, professional application on nails.
How to apply it- apply one coat of any of our Essie base coats on nails. Follow with two coats of Essie Original Nail color. Finish with any one of our Essie Topcoats. Use Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil.
Do not just choose what is trending among ladies of your age. Check your skin tone and your preference before deciding to apply a particular nail polish. If it does not suit your skin tone no matter how much you like the color, you are not supposed to apply it.
Try your best to look out for nail polish with the discussed color description on the bottle or pack. You can still slay even in your 90s, knowing and choosing the right color and product is what will do the magic.