Contents On This Page
- 1 What’s An Ingrown Toenails?
- 2 Causes Of Ingrown Toenails
- 3 How To Cut Or Trim An Ingrown Toenail
- 4 Best Toenail Clippers For Ingrown Toenails
- 5 1. Harperton Nippet – Precision Tool Nail Clipper Tool For Thick Or Ingrown Toenails
- 6 2. Kohm KP-700 Toenail Clipper For Thick/Ingrown Nails
- 7 4. Blue Orchid Professional Nail Nipper For Thick And Ingrown Toenails
- 8 5. Nego Toenail Clipper For Thick/Ingrown Nails
Best Nail Clippers For Ingrown Toenails
In a world filled with glamour and beauty, our outer appearance has been singled out as a thing to be sort after. Back in the days, we humans couldn’t care less about what the world would think of us. Walking around with our dull, brittle and ingrown toenails was seen as something not to be freaked about. However, not anymore for the world has suddenly gone passed that era.
So to avoid looking like a bag of garbage, we’ve placed our facial appearance to be one of our utmost priorities. They say “looking good is a great business”, forgetting that it pays to stand out in looking our best.
Disclaimer: Getlongnails.com is a full-time participant of the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Unfortunately, our body doesn’t corporate with us oftentimes. It is either from one nail challenge or another. If it isn’t nail Psoriasis, then it would be ingrown toenails or colourless nails among many more others.
But the good news is, we’ve got you covered in this aspect. Your outlooks and happiness matter more to us than any other thing. At such, we’ve singlehandedly compiled a list of all-time best-ingrown toenail clippers. Please check our list of best clippers for ingrown toenail out and simply choose the one that you would found more convenient and stress-free.
However, to aid in understanding this topic, lets quickly find out what ingrown toenails are and their causes.
What’s An Ingrown Toenails?
An ingrown toenail is caused when the side or the edge of a nail comes in contact with the skin beneath it. Putting it, in other words, means a situation whereby our nail begins to grow into the nail bed rather than growing in the normal process.
The most affected nail is usually the big toe, while it is less common among the rest nails. And this is more prominent with people with thick nails.
Causes Of Ingrown Toenails
Accurate research shows that most ingrown toenails result from ill-fitting footwears which can damage our toenails by getting the edge of the nail pressed into our skin.
Also, a battered or less properly clipped nail can lead to ingrown toenails, digging into the flesh of the skin by the nail side, which can be extremely painful and may or may not be infected.
And the last but not the least, ingrown toenails can arise from an injury like a substance hitting the toe or stumbling your toe against a strong object.
Read Also: How Long Does It Take For A Toenail To Grow?
How To Cut Or Trim An Ingrown Toenail
Before you get too excited about cutting your ingrown toenail, we recommend that you first disinfect your cutting tools (Nail nippers etc) with a disinfectant such as alcohol. Rubbing your metal nail tools with alcohol helps kill germs and ensures that your favourite tool is safe to be used. When you’ve done that, you can now proceed with trimming them.
1. To cut an ingrown toenail, ensures your nails are well soaked. Usually, we recommend soaking nails in warm water for at least 20 minutes.
2. Wipe away excess moisture from your nails after soaking thereafter you can now cut your ingrown toenail with any of our recommended clippers.
Now, to the topic of the day. Getting the right nail clippers to put a permanent end to ingrown toenails.
Best Toenail Clippers For Ingrown Toenails
There are several nail clippers that can be used to drive away ingrown toenails, but not all of them can carry out an excellent job. For that purpose, we went for the top best to be used in treating your toenails.
1. Harperton Nippet – Precision Tool Nail Clipper Tool For Thick Or Ingrown Toenails
From our experiences with different nail clippers, we can at least agree on the fact that the majority of the nail clippers we’ve got today don’t work effectively. We all can attest to that. The problem is that they do not cut due to the dull blades and this is where Harperton Nippet – Precision Tool Nail Clipper Tool (Click the link to view price on Amazon) comes into place.
This clipper is one great product that has been designed to achieve specifically its purpose for creation. Looking at the nippet’s strong handles, we could see that it paves way for a flexible grip such that anyone who gets a hold of it won’t have a difficult time handling it. Also, the design was made to ensure a proper view of the ingrown toenails to avoid self-harming oneself in the process of cutting.
Lastly, the clipper is simply constructed to help get better work done neatly and effortlessly.
Features Of The Harperton Nippet Clipper
1. One of the important features of the toenail clipper is its functionality. No doubt the Harperton is constructed to cut ingrown nails of various sizes which have turned out to be one of the very best in the world.
2. Another feature is it’s all purposeful nature. It has been crafted to serve as a multi-task by means of which you could use the nippet clipper for both your finger and toenail in the aspect of trimming. I can tell you’re getting wowed by this already. Am I right?. Well, it can as well serve as a short scissor for nails, a clipper for extremely sturdy nails and assist in ridding the nails of infection when ingrown toenails are removed and properly trimmed.
3. For the third feature, we have gotten a limited guarantee period. Just like a few other stuff we get to buy online with guarantee, Amazon has a protective cover over this nippet clipper and it’s backed by the manufacturers of the toenail ingrown clipper.
4. The last feature of the toenail clipper is that the clipper is designed for comfort. It is produced from polymers and covered with a quality material that can offer better services
A Short Description Of The Harperton Nippet Ingrown Toenail Clipper
The dimension of the Product is 4.8 x 2.2 x 0.9 inches
The weight of the Item is calculated to be 4 ounces
The shipping weight is 4.8 ounces
The manufacturers of the ingrown toenails clipper are the Harperton
The Manufacturer reference are HAR-201
The reviews gotten from customers is 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,887 Reviews
The best sellers rank is 8978
It was first listed on Amazon on September 20, 2016
1. Aside from using it for ingrown toenails, it can as well be used for treating fungus.
2. The harperton nippet clipper are sharp, sturdy and delivers a great job
3. It’s simpler, quicker and less painful at the time of usage.
4. There’s a warranty covering the product. It has a lifetime exchange warranty.
5. It is usually less weighty compared to some.
1. The space for cutting isn’t wide enough to fit into the nails of those with very large or big toes. Another nail clipper for ingrown toenails is,
2. Kohm KP-700 Toenail Clipper For Thick/Ingrown Nails
With the invention of new technologies, one has gotten to the stage where we are no longer short of expectation. One ingrown nail clipper that didn’t fail to disappoint us either is the Kohm k700 Toenail Clipper (Click link to view on Amazon)
From the picture displayed above, you don’t need a fortune teller to tell you this clipper right here does magic to nails that have become stunted and ingrown. With its stainless steel body, it has a much higher quality than the majority of the old clipper you’ve seen and used.
In general, it is not only used for ingrown toenails alone, podiatrists use it in cutting toenails that do not only have ingrown issues but nails that are affected by fungus or any other damaging situation and regardless of age.
Features Of The Kohm K700 Toenail Clipper For Thick Ingrown Nails
1. As stated in the heading, the Kohm clipper can be used for thick nails and more importantly, ingrown toenails. So if your nails have taken a different look and shape, then hastily purchase this product to rid your toenails of any thick or ingrown nails.
2. The clipper jaws can be opened wide when tightly pressed together from the handle. Its width is calculated to be 3cm wide while the blades are designed to be sharp on both ends. The essence is to carefully cut off ingrown toenails without much force.
3. One of the best features of the Kohm k700 toenail clipper is the ability to be fully in control when in use. It’s stainless grip when handling it is something worth looking forward to. With its length, it becomes easy to wrap your hands around it firmly with the requirement of little effort in controlling the clipper. Shockingly, the manufacturers designed it to allow swift traction. Also, this clipper isn’t restricted to a set of people but all adults who use either their right or left hands in working.
4. As mentioned earlier, the clipper is built to have a steel body without rubber handles like the former. With such body, cleaning and sanitization aren’t much of a problem. And this cleaning could either be with alcohol or a disinfectant like a spirit.
The dimension of the is 2.4 x 0.5 x 5.1 inches
The weight of the item is 0.48 ounces
For the shipping, the weight is 4.5 ounces
The manufacturers and the suppliers are Whole Health Supply
The ASIN of the clipper is B00WIW6T4Y
The Manufacturer reference is KP-700
From the customer reviews, we have 6 out of 5 stars 2,088 Reviews
For the best sellers, Kohm k700 ranks 8375
It was first seen on Amazon on the 3rd of October, 2015
1. This product has truly lived up to its description. They cut nails that are extra thick which often times can be difficult to cut.
2. It is well built to use and trim easily.
1. The blades are sharper than most toenails clippers. So much pressure isn’t exerted when cutting to avoid inflicting injuries to your nails. The next on our list of Best toenail clippers for ingrown toenails is Bcabo clipper.
3.Bcabo Upgraded 8Pcs/set Ingrown Toenail Tools Kit
Another toenail clipper for an ingrown toenail is the Bcabo Upgraded 8pcs/Sets Ingrown Toenail Kit (Click link to view price on Amazon). We’ve got clippers and we’ve got mere low-grade clippers. But this right here goes beyond the specification of an ingrown nail clipper. It is one toenail clipper that does wonders for our nails.
The shocking aspect is that it does not come in just a piece but in a set of eight (8) pieces, a tool kit that is used to rid your nails from plagues and nail challenges one might be facing.
Furthermore, it is sometimes called the “solution provider” because it carries out a low-key surgery on the toenails through DIY- Do It Yourself.
Features Of The Bcabo Upgraded Ingrown Toenail Clipper Set
1. It is seen as a home remedy for ingrown toenails going through its attached manual. You don’t necessarily have to pay for surgery to be done on your toenails, with this newest technology, you could stop the outgrown nails all by yourself.
2. The second feature is attributed to its high-grade material used to make this clipper set a success. The tools were made from quality steels of surgical materials with a finishing polish that can be used over a long period of time. These steels were made to be corrosive amidst rust and water collision.
3. If there’s one thing I so much love about this clipper is the fact that it prevents the occurrences of another infection from becoming ingrown thereby leading to fungal infection. It is done when underneath the toenails are properly cleaned with the clipper’s nail lifter in a bid to keep toenails healthy.
4. The clipper’s toenail ingrown corrector is another magnificent feature of this clipper. To achieve this, the lever mechanism of the corrector is used to divert the method of nail growth such that the nails get flattened to the extent that it becomes wide enough not to grow under the toenail.
Note: The clipper correcter doesn’t apply to just a specific angle but takes different nail shapes when adjusted.
5. The last awesome feature is the additional nail filer. Looking at the displayed image, the curved long blade as seen does the job of cleaning of wounded toenails, files out an ingrown toenail or neatly cuts the ingrown toenails.
The Package Dimension of this Bcabo clipper is 6.1 x 4 x 0.7 inches
The Item Weight has an ounce of 12.8 The Shipping Weight is calculated to be 12.8 ounces
The Manufacturer is baby
The ASIN of this ingrown toenails clipper is B07FGG7W7P
Its Manufacturer reference is no doubt baby
The Customer Reviews gotten are 4.5 out of 5 stars 778 Reviews
Best Sellers Rank is 1705
It was first listed in Amazon on the 18th of June, 2018
Items In The Tool Set
1. Nail Nipper
2. Nail Lifter
3. Nail File
4. Nail Pusher
6. Acne needle
7. Toenail Corrector
8. Nail Cover
9. User Manual
For the purpose of these multiple nail clippers, we’re going to simply explain to you how it should be used at your own convenience.
1. The feet should be soaked in lukewarm water for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Bring out the tools you want to use and disinfect
3. After following the first three (3) processes, get the tool and hook the sides of the ingrown nails with the hooks (2) attached to the tool as shown in the picture.
4. Here, you’ll implore your other hand to hold the tool, which is the middle part. After that, you twist the nut on it to fix the tool on the nail still with the help of the other hand. Also, note that you can switch directions depending on the toenail you’re operating on.
5. You then gently deepen to the point where you no longer feel pain and there’s a sense of expansion that would continue for every 10 minutes.
6. Lastly, you take your feet from the water and you dry with a cloth or you wait for some minutes for it to be dried, to which the tool is removed.
1. With the corrector, it isn’t difficult removing the ingrown toenail over the skin instead of into it
2. It contains a shield that prevents spatters from nails once they’ve been cut or removed.
1. The nail corrector may be tedious during usage
2. The corrector doesn’t have a long-lasting durability like the rest tools found in the set
4. Blue Orchid Professional Nail Nipper For Thick And Ingrown Toenails
Just as the name implies, Blue Orchid Professional Toenail Clipper (Aff. Link) is one ideal clipper that gives utmost satisfaction to any nail challenges we might be faced with.
With it’s Stainless Steel body, it works like a bulldozer machine in cutting off thick toenails with its 1-inch blade size. And the aftermath result exceeds that of lower grades clippers.
Ready to read more of its exploits? Let’s go there
Feature Of Blue Orchid Professional Nail Nipper For Thick And Ingrown Toenails
1. Blue orchard professional clipper has always been known for its speed and sharpness in ridding off thick and ingrown toenails. It’s pretty much easier to handle the blades a bit curved to achieve its sole aim.
2. The toenail clipper has been designed in such a way that when held, the handles (5cm long) increases grip or adhesion to avoid slipping off your hand. The purpose is to permit control of the product.
3. One other feature of the clipper is the premium quality. Just like the former, it is rust and waterproof with its extremely sharp blades made of Stainless Steel. After use, you gently wipe clean the clippers with alcohol.
4. The blue orchid clipper has in it packs a coverage made specifically for the tip of the clipper so the blades can remain intact without losing its sharpness.
5. The last feature of this clipper is the guarantee attached to it. The manufacturers have granted everyone an esteemed customer care service to all it’s buyers to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.
The Package Dimensions for this toenail clipper is 7.8 x 5.5 x 0.7 inches
The product is weighed to be 3.04 ounces
The Shipping Weight is 3.04 ounces
The Manufacturers of the clipper remains blue orchids
The ASIN is B017KTAA5I
For the Manufacturer reference, we have the TNCNP18 reference
The reviews from customers are 4.6 out of 5 stars 430 Reviews
The Best Sellers Rank is 33317
The Date first listed on Amazon in November
1. Its sturdy dual spring action is capable of cutting through all manner of thick toenails.
1. Little precision of product
5. Nego Toenail Clipper For Thick/Ingrown Nails
The last best-ingrown toenail clipper is the Nego Toenail Clipper For Ingrown Nails (Click the link to view price). Over the years, the nego toenail clipper has continuously been known to be one of the few best clippers ever manufactured. With its precision, it can accurately deliver well than average clippers.
Surprisingly, you don’t have to scramble for many funds to acquire this powerful machine. With just less than $10, you could get this product.
Features Of Nego Toenail Clipper For Thick And Ingrown Toenails
1. The blades are made from quality steel usually found in German. The toenail clipper is accurately formed from a high carbon Stainless Steel which has the capability of resisting rust and anything resistible.
2. Having a multi-functional clipper saves one a lot of stress. This toenail clipper wasn’t just built for one purpose but a variety of purposes. It can serve as a cuticle trimmer, as scissors for toenails and as a toenail trimmer that trims off ingrown toenails and in a way, removing fungus from our toenails.
3. The edges of the toenail clipper are equivalent to that of a sharp knife with a 15-degree angle. This has made it easier to cut ingrown nails without getting blunt for a long duration of time.
4. Another great advantage of getting this product is that you feel relaxed and comfortable using it for it is user-friendly. The handle is constructed in such a way that you don’t have difficulty in using it for it provides to all a firm and secure grip to allow cutting your toenails less stressful.
5. It has a warranty covering the product if not entirely satisfied with it and your money would be refunded back to you. This warranty is against defects.
The Package Dimensions is 6.3 x 4.4 x 1.4 inches
The weight of the item is 8.8 ounces
The Shipping Weight of the product is 8.8 ounces
The Manufacturers of this item are the Negos
The ASIN is B07MC52TGJ
The Manufacturer reference is NG-TC8819
Customer Reviews are 4.7 out of 5 stars 43 Reviews
The Best Sellers Rank are 65653
Date first listed on AmazonJanuary 9, 2019
1. It is a great tool that removes odour alongside the ingrown toenail
2. Less expensive
1. Little difficulty in manoeuvring
Wrapping Up On The Best Clippers For Ingrown Toenails
In drawing the final curtain, getting the best and most suitable ingrown toenail clipper should be a key factor. For if we don’t delicately and deliberately take great care of our nails, then our appearances would suffer the brute.
So rather than watching your ingrown toenails putting a stop to your great looks thereby making you the odd one among others, why not permanently put an end to it with these best-ingrown toenail clippers? and trust me, you would return back with greater testimonies for a trial, would convince you.