Deprecated: The PSR-0 `Requests_...` class names in the Request library are deprecated. Switch to the PSR-4 `WpOrg\Requests\...` class names at your earliest convenience. in /home/yardtool/getlongnails.com/wp-includes/class-requests.php on line 24
Ugg boots are classic shoes made with suede or leather material. They are mostly worn in the winter. However, it can be pretty hard to remove stains off these boots, but not impossible.
Perhaps you got your ugg boots stained with nail polish while you were trying to retouch your nails. You’re probably thinking if the stain can be removed. Of course, it can be removed, and I’d be instructing you on the techniques to use.
To remove nail polish from ugg boots, start by scraping away as much of the polish as possible with a butter knife or putty knife, then blot the remaining polish with a towel soaked in nail polish remover and finish by wiping away any excess moisture with a dry cloth.
However that is just one method there are other ways in which you can get nail nail polish out of ugg boots which are:
- Use Rubbing alcohol
- Using baking soda
- Alternatively, take the ugg boots to a professional
3 Ways to Get Nail Polish Out of Ugg Boots
1. Use rubbing alcohol
If the nail polish remover doesn’t do the trick, you can make use of rubbing alcohol. The rubbing alcohol will loosen the nail polish on the suede or leather ugg boots, and make it easy to remove.
So, let’s find out how you can use rubbing alcohol to remove the nail polish on your ugg boots. Below are the things you would need for this method.
Materials you need
- Rubbing alcohol.
- Cotton swab.
- Microfiber towel.
Step 1: Put the cotton swab in the rubbing alcohol.
Step 2: Apply the rubbing alcohol with the cotton swab on the nail polish.
Step 3: Then, use a suede brush to carefully scrub the polish stain on the boots.
Step 4: Utilize a microfiber towel to clean the polish moisture in the boots.
2. Using baking soda
Baking soda is another stain remover you can use to remove nail polish on your ugg boots. This substance is super effective when it comes to removing stains. So, you’d be using it for the polish on your boots. Below are the things you will need for this method.
Materials you need
- Baking soda.
- Small container.
- Suede brush.
- A cloth.
Step 1: Make a baking soda paste with baking soda and water in a small container.
Step 2: Apply the paste on the nail polish stain on your ugg boots.
Step 3: Allow the paste to settle for a few moments.
Step 4: Then, use a suede brush to scrub the polish stain carefully.
Step 5: Clean the moisture on the boots with a cloth.
3. Take the ugg boots to a professional
Due to how ugg boots were manufactured, it is not advisable to use any kind of product on them. So, if you have tried all the methods that were given in this blog post and they don’t work, you will have to take the boots to an expert. The expert would either fix the boots or dye them with the same color of the boots.
Note: Do a test in an inconspicuous place of the boots.
How Do I Clean My Ugg Boots?
If you have been wearing your ugg boots often, you won’t want to continue wearing a boot that looks dirty and almost worn out all around. So, you have to clean your boots for them to appear new.
Plus, cleaning your ugg boots would reduce their chances of being worn out easily. I’d guide you on the best way to have your ugg boots appear new and neat. Here are some practical guidelines on how to clean your Ugg boots:
- Pick up either the suede brush or toothbrush and use it to brush away any dust and stain on the ugg boots. Also, if you spot any stain while brushing the dust away, ensure you mark the area.
- Pour some amount of water into a bowl and add some shampoo in it, using 2:1.
- Use any of the brushes you have to mix the mixture properly.
- Then, apply the mixture on the ugg boots with the brush in a circular motion. Ensure you apply a little pressure on the stained area. You don’t need to worry if the boots become darker when the mixture is applied to them. It’s perfectly normal. Also, you can use the suede eraser for the stain too.
- Rinse off the shampoo mixture with clean water, and wiggle the boots to remove excess water.
- Use a dry towel to absorb as much water as you can from the boots.
- Then, stuff the ugg boots with newspaper or any other paper available, and let the boots dry for a day.
- Once the boots are completely dried, use the suede brush to brush the grain of the boots (back and forth).
- Spray the stain protector spray (also called waterproofing spray) on the ugg boots. Then, let the boots dry for 2 hours.
Will Washing Ugg Ruin Them?
No, washing ugg will not ruin them. Although this depends on the method you are using to wash the boots.
If you are washing your ugg with a washing machine, then you are giving it a chance to be ruined. Though you need to clean your ugg, but not with a washing machine.
You should not also dry them with a dryer. When you buy any ugg, the preferred washing technique is always indicated, and you should follow the instructions. Additionally, there are ways by which you can have your ugg deep cleaned without using a washing machine.
You can now remove the nail polish stain on your ugg boots with any of the methods provided in this blog post. Also, the steps to deodorize and clean your boots were given. I hope you find this article helpful. Kindly click on the links to check the prices of the products. Good luck.