Contents On This Page
- 1 Best Way To Clean Your Nails Or Under nails: Definitive Steps
- 2 How To Clean Under Nails
- 3 How To Clean Stained Fingernails
- 4 Make Nails White From Yellow With Lime Juice
- 5 Make Nails White From Yellow With Caustic Soda
Best Way To Clean Your Nails: You’re on this page simply because,
- You want to know some of the best ways on how to clean your nails or under nails
- Are you seeking to see some nail cleaning tips at home?
Well, If my guesses are right, then I’m glad to inform you that you’re on the right track. Read on.
Cleaning dirt under fingernails has never been easy, to be honest with you. It becomes even more challenging when they’re stains of nail polish on them.
Read Also: How To Moisturize Nails In 4 Easy Steps
You’ll agree with me that our hands are probably the most used part of the human body and as such, a day doesn’t go by without making use of your hands.
True or False? Good
Its either you’re using them to lift something from one place to another or probably using them to eat.
Aside from that, they are other use of the human hand, but that isn’t the essence of this article. Our emphasis is on the nails.
A dirty nail, on the other hand, doesn’t tell good about someone. Often, all it does is to bring shame and embarrassment to the bearer.
Read Also: Nail Care For Seniors Or Elderly In 8 Ea…
It is for this reason that getting to know the best way to clean your nails is essential.
Sometimes one might be tempted to ask questions like
Why do i always have dirt under my nails?
Wait, I’ll answer to that but before I do that, let’s take a look at this scenery.
You all know what a Lawnmower machine is right?
Well, for the sake of those who are just getting to know this, a lawnmower is an electrical or mechanical device used for cutting grass.
After using a lawnmower, You’ll notice that it gets so messed up with pieces of cut grasses all over particularly underneath where the blades are?
Why is this so?
It is so because it’s designed for such work. Same goes for your nails.
Since you practically use them to accomplish almost everything daily, it is natural for them to accommodate dirt.
When they’re dirt’s, either on the surface or underneath, the best thing to do, to protect yourself from any health complications is to clean them up.
Having established this, let’s proceed with some actionable ways to keep our nails clean and white naturally
Best Way To Clean Your Nails Or Under nails: Definitive Steps
The first step to note when removing dirt’s from the surface of your nails is to ascertain the causes of that dirt.
If its something that can be easily removed, let’s say dust, washing your hands with a mild soap should do the magic.
If it has to do with something greasy or oily, then you probably will be needing extra work, and that’s where the toothbrush comes in.
Pro Tips: Only use a toothbrush with mild bristle as hard bristle will cause more harm to your nails than good.
Read Also: What Is Nail Care And Why Is It Important?
Using a toothbrush to clean your nails helps to keep nails clean and shiny, and this article will guide you through on how to successfully do that.
How To Clean Under Nails With Tooth Brush: Steps To Take
1. First and foremost, you’ll be needing a medium-size bowl; the bowl should be big enough to accommodate your nails.
It should be partially filled with warm water (remember warm and not hot water ) with a drop of liquid soap in it.
2. Secondly, you’re to let your nails sit on the warm water comfortably for about 10 minutes. The reasons for this is to make the nails soft and allows for easy removal of dirt.
Read Also: How To Fix A Broken Natural Nail At Home
After which the brush should be slightly emerged on the same bowl with your hands spread somewhat on a flat, comfortable surface so that the cleaning process can begin.
3. Thirdly, work the brush through each nails starting from the pinky nails up to your thumb. The working process should be gentle enough to avoid damaging your cuticle in the process.
Pro Tips: Brushing your nail surface should be in an oval manner and not back and forth. Also, be sure to spend at least 5 seconds on each nail before moving to the other.
During this process, you should ensure that they’re enough foam coming out as you’re using the brush to wash the surface of each nail. That way, they’ll come out shiny and looking sparkly.
When you’re done with the cleaning process, it’s now time for some treat. You start by making sure the nails are properly dried. (Towel dry).
Then little moisturizers such as coconut oil should be applied to them to keep them shiny and sparkly.
How To Clean Under Nails
Although there are a lot of ways one can keep dirt from under nails, we’ve found the below means more productive.
1. Cotton buds
2. Orange stick
3. Nail brush or toothbrush
How To Clean Under Your Nails Using Cotton Buds
Using cotton buds is one of my best ways of cleaning my nails, especially when I’m aiming at giving my under nails a perfect treat.
Read Also: Which Fingernail Grows The Fastest?
The reason why I’ve chosen this method amongst other method is the fact that it allows for an easy clean even without the presence of water.
That way, you can either clean your nails when they’re dry or clean them when they’re wet.
Having said that here’s how to clean your nails with cotton buds when they’re dry.
1. Take some few sticks of cotton buds, let’s say 5. one for two nails that’s if you’re keeping your ten fingers. If you aren’t, then 2-3 should be enough.
2. Using one hand to hold firmly to the buds, take a quick swipe at your under nails to remove the grime. Starting from your pinky finger down to your thumb.
3. Do this gently until you’ve accomplished the cleaning process. Remember, it’s your under nails you’re dealing with here so be nice to them while cleaning.
How about cleaning them with buds when they’re wet?
Cleaning dirt stuck under nails can be annoying sometimes, but with this method which we are going to show you any minute from now, you won’t find it difficult doing that anymore.
Although it’s almost the same steps as the one above, this time around, we will be making use of soaked buds.
Let’s assume you’ve read the steps above, if you haven’t, please quickly go through them again.
Now that you’ve gone through the steps, instead of using dry buds, you should add some moisture to it while using them to clean your nails.
How To Clean Dirt Under Fingernails Using Orange Stick
Are you looking for a quicker way to clean under your nails without a brush? Then orange stick is what you need.
When it comes to the science of cleaning underneath your nails using an orange stick, it is always a role of thumb to go with the wooden ones.
To clean, slightly insert the stick underneath your nails, then apply little pressure in an upward motion to lift those grime out.
While at it, be sure the sticks reach out to every end of the nails, that way, you’ll be able to get the dirt’s out completely.
Do this until they are no more dirt’s left on your sticks. At the end of the exercise, wash your hands before you moisturize.
How To Clean Under Your Nails Using Nail Brush Or Tooth Brush
This is by far the most common method of getting those annoying dirt from underneath your nails.
Using this method does not only keep your nails sparkly fresh, but it also ensures that no iota of dirt’s is left.
1. To clean, soak your nails in a bowl containing water for 5 minutes.
2. Remove your nails then add some few drops of liquid soap to it.
3. Using your brush, stir gently until it begins to foam.
4. With your hands slightly bent towards the direction of your brush, work your way to and fro until your nails are properly cleaned.
5. After cleaning, the next thing to do is to rinse then moisturizer should be applied immediately.
Pro Tip: When using a toothbrush, it is advisable to wash the under nails directly and not the other way round.
Read Also: 12 Natural Home Remedies For Nail Growth
To do this, your palm should be facing upward while using the toothbrush to brush the under.
Clean Under Nails With Sponge
Do you know that 50% of persons don’t know that it’s possible to clean under nails while taking a shower?
Well let me show you how to do that today but before I do that, let me ask.
What is a sponge?
Let me answer that for you.
“A sponge is a piece of material that is used for washing”
Did you see the part that says Washing?
Well, what this implies is that sponge isn’t only meant for washing off dirt’s from our body alone, it can as well be used to wash underneath our nails during bathing.
To accomplish this, all you need do is;
1. Take a little part of it, particularly towards the end then using your hands, gently clean underneath your nails with it.
2. Do this until they are little to no dirt left. After that, you can now continue the rest of your shower in peace.
That way, you’ve not only succeeded in taking a good bath, you’ve also given your under nails the nice treat ever.
Pro Tips: Washing you’re under nails regularly allows your nails to breath and grow well.
How To Clean Stained Fingernails
One of the best ways of removing stains under fingernails is to opt-in for some quick home remedies that are guaranteed to whiten the most stubborn nails within minutes.
Although they’re various ways to do this, So far, we’ve found lime, baking soda, toothpaste, and vinegar a bit more helpful when it comes to whitening yellow nails.
Whiten Nails With Vinegar
Whitening nails with vinegar is a cost-effective process which doesn’t take much efforts to accomplish.
All you need do is empty a reasonable amount of apple cider vinegar in a bowl. The apple-cider should be diluted, and nails should be left to sit on the water for about 15 minutes. After that, you brush.
How To Keep Clean Nails With Toothpaste
Cleaning nails using toothpaste helps to make nails whiter and shiny and also helps restore yellowish nails to its normal state.
To accomplish this;
1. Spread some reasonable amount of whitening toothpaste on your nail brush. Be sure to use your hand to work it all over the surface of the brush.
2. Apply some moisture to it then gently scrub your nails with it (be it on the surface or under the nails )
3. Allow the paste to sit on your nails for about 5 minutes before washing them off your nails.
Pro Tips: Not all toothpaste has an active cleaning agent. It is for this reason that we’ve recommended using Oral B.
Read Also: Fastest Way To Grow Healthy Natural Nails
Does Toothpaste Strengthen Nails?
Not really, Toothpaste only whitens yellow nails and gives them this shiny look and does not strengthen nails as most people think.
They’re able to do this because of the presence of an active cleansing ingredient in them.
Does Tooth Paste Help Your Nails Grow?
Toothpaste will not help your nails to grow. The only thing they do for your nails is to help keep that consistent look of the nails, and they’re not in any way in the growth process of your nails.
Make Nails White From Yellow With Lime Juice
To give your nails a sparkly look after it has been stained with nail polish, do the following
1. Get some reasonable amount of lemon then extract the liquid in a bowl. (2-3 lemon should be enough)
2. Then let your nails sit comfortably on it for about 15 minutes after which you rinse with clean water.
Make Nails White From Yellow With Caustic Soda
The first step to take is to make a paste from this.
How do you do this?
It’s quite simple.
All you need do is to add 2-3 tablespoon full of baking soda then add little quantity of warm water to it.
Now that you’re done with the paste, it’s now left for you to apply them on your nails. After about 10 minutes, you can now wash them off with warm water.
Pro Tips: All of the above methods can as well be applied to clean stained acrylic nails and also to remove dirt under toenails.
Read Also: Smartest Way To Tackle Nail Cuticle Problems
The Take Home
Taking care of nails is a straightforward thing I must say, and it doesn’t cost much.
What you need is the right knowledge of how it is done and this post on the best way to clean your nails has it all.
The steps outlined above are so easy to follow. Now that you know the exact method to apply to give your nails that sparkly look.
We’re urging you to take actions now as any delay might be dangerous to the health of your nails. Also, please don’t forget to SHARE this article with your friends using the buttons below.